We empower RVA.

Since 1950, we have served Richmond and the Metro Richmond area. As a non-profit financial cooperative, we are here solely to empower you and our wonderful community.

Our History

RVA Financial was organized on August 23, 1950 as the Richmond, Virginia Municipal Federal Credit Union to provide financial services to employees of the City of Richmond. The National Credit Union Administration approved the charter the following month, and the first membership meeting was held on September 14, 1950.

During its history, the credit union has operated in a variety of locations beginning with the basement of the old City Hall on West Franklin Street. In 1982, after having had a total of six homes, the credit union relocated to the 16th Floor of the City Hall Building to an office that remains operational today.

In 1984, the first branch was opened in the Schools Building near the home of the Atlanta Braves Triple-A farm team at The Diamond. In the spring of 1989, the credit union opened a brand-new replacement location at 1700 Robin Hood Road to serve as the head office, now known as the Thomas J. Amiss Credit Union Center. At the same time, the name of the credit union was changed to VaCap Federal Credit Union to reflect the fact that membership eligibility had been expanded to include employees of entities other than the City.

In March 1991, Richmond Memorial Hospital Credit Union and their 2000 employee membership was merged and less than a year later, the local credit union for Kraft Foods joined VaCap. In 2007, the name VaCap was changed to New Generations.

A community charter was granted to New Generations in 2014, allowing the credit union to serve those who live, work, worship, or attend school in the City of Richmond as well as the surrounding counties of Chesterfield, Goochland, Hanover, and Henrico. Additionally, the immediate family members of those individuals eligible for geographical reasons are also eligible for membership.

In 2017, with a desire to return to our roots and serve the City of Richmond, we changed our name to RVA Financial. Today, RVA Financial serves over 13,000 customers, referred to as members. Our members each own a piece of the credit union and have a say in its operation as a non-profit financial cooperative.

Our Board

The RVA Financial board of directors is comprised of volunteers who dedicate their time and energy to ensuring we empower you in the best manner possible.

  • Daisy Weaver, Chairperson
  • Beatrice Burton, Vice Chairperson
  • Debora Johns, Comptroller
  • Michelle Randolph, Secretary
  • Rayford Harris, Jr.
  • Jacqueline Worsham
  • Winston Lucombe
  • Nicholas Feucht
  • Norman Sales

Our Supervisory Committee

  • Angela Anderson, Chairperson
  • Gwen Carney, Vice Chairperson
  • William C. Nelson, Jr.

To contact our Supervisory Committee, please send correspondence to:

RVA Financial
Attn: Supervisory Committee
P. O. Box 25849
Richmond, Virginia 23261

Contact Us

RVA Financial’s mailing address is:

RVA Financial
1700 Robin Hood Road
Richmond, VA 23220

You may also call us, at (804) 359-8754.